On a CRM 2011 installation I cam across an issue where the Email Router had ceased to send email and the Event Log was seeing this error each time an email was attempted to be sent from CRM:
The first thing I checked was the build numbers of CRM Server and CRM Email Router (I just looked at the properties of sample DLLs in each respective bin directory). I found these to be different. The CRM Server was Rollup 4, whereas the Email Router was RTM.
After installing Rollup4 for the Email Router, and rebooting, the router immediately kicked into life and began firing the backlog of email.
In addition to this there had been a change to the Deployment settings and Claims+IFD had been configured. Although the Email router configuration had the correct URL set and was enabled, I have a hunch that a reboot was required following this change…
Its been a long time since my last blog post – too long. Something that kept me busy of the past few months was SharePoint Saturday UK which I organised along with my buddies @WorTony and @Brettlonsdale. This was a fantastic event and we had some amazing feedback. Look out for more SharePoint Saturday and SharePoint User Group UK meetings in the New Year!
I also gave a session at the SPSUK event on a Business Intelligence case study of a project which has also kept me busy this year. This project was to deliver a prototype BI solution for TAFE Queensland using the Microsoft BI stack. This was an extremely challenging but exciting project, and the aim of the presentation was to share my project experience and highlight some of the lessons learned. I also demonstrated how to construct some reports from Excel when connected to an OLAP Cube, and also some of the PerformancePoint dashboards we delivered as part of the prototype.
My slides are available on SlideShare for your reference. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.